On arriving in Australia you enter your dream, and a new world, your new home.
Australia have strict programs on entering Australia with regards to food, wood objects etc. The strict policies when entering Australia advises migrants to declare everything, even in terms of form. Read the landing guidelines carefully.
It is preferred that you arrange transport with family and friends beforehand. However, taxi services are available at the Airport in order to transport you to your destination.
Accommodation should be arranged prior to landing. Hotels are readily available in Australia. Renting is primarily divided into two categories, namely “long stay” and “short stay”.
Assistance can be obtained from the following websites:
Remember the following:
1. Register with Medicare: Medicare is the Government Scheme that provides help with basic medical expenses.
2. Apply for a Tax File number (TFN): You will need a tax file number to receive any income in Australia. This application can be done online.
3. Bank Account: The majors banks are:
4. Schooling: It is compulsory that children attend school until they are 15 years. Further detail about public schools and private schools as well as TAFE is available.
5. Drivers License: If you have a valid driver’s license of your country, you may be able to drive in Australia for the first three months after your arrival. After three months you will need to apply for an Australian Driver’s license.
6. Employment: Employment websites that are useful searching for employment are: